View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 01:04 PM   #11
bmoj

I have 2 bays with water in them. One is the black & gray with dump valves and the other is the fresh water with pump. Both bays have to be kept warm. They are heated with ducting from the furnace but they are not connected. That means if I put an electric heater in one it will not heat the other.

You don't say how cold it gets where you are. I live where it gets below freezing sometimes so I use light bulbs in the bays and they seem to work. The coldest it got was 27F at night but the day was above freezing. I left the light bulbs on all the time. If you are constantly below freezing for several days in a row this may require more drastic measures. Put a remote thermometer in the bay to see what is happening. Be prepared to add additional heating if needed. Additiona heating could be more light bulbs (inexpensive and low power draw) or electric heat.

Don't forget your water hose. You may want to heat trace it or remove it completely at night and hook it up in the morning. I will sometimes leave the hot water tank heater on at night just to play it safe. Or you can run it before lights out and turn it off to leave a full tank of hot water.

bmoj
bmoj is offline   Reply With Quote