View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
Swiss Man

Hi Brad. Following points you should check:
1. Are the hydraulic cylinders still good. Level it out and re track the levels. Than you start to drive. Check the slides if those not slide slowly out.
2. I had broken rubber covers on the steering joint on the front axle. Sand and dirt could go in to the bearing shaft.
3. Roof (is it seal)
4. Check if the dome (in the shower) have black edges. Looks like dirt between the double wall. If you stand in to the shower and take a look upside, you will see if there are dirt spots. If yes, the wood (roof construction is made from wood) rotten. Than i recommend to take away the dome to see, if the damage is worst.
5. Check the level check hydraulic hoses. Gulf Stream mounted cheap hoses. They burst. If you want to be sure, replace them.
6. There was a recall on the steering wheel. It there is a slight chance to block the steering wheel during traveling. Make sure the recall is done.
7. There was a recall on the Norcold fridge cooling unit. It could ketch fire. Make sure the recall is done. They mount a over heating magnet valve. You can see it if on the outside is a red led when the fridge is turned on.
8. Check the chassis (in the compartment and outside) for rust.
9. Fill up the black water tank with the flush inlet. Wait for 30 minutes to see if the black water tank is not leaking. Do the same with the grey water tank.
10. Start the generator to see if it starts quick after push the start button and hold it for 15 seconds.

It is a nice RV. I wish you luck and a lot of fun. Mileage is great and also the low hours on the Onan.
Swiss Man is offline   Reply With Quote