View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
PieEye

Default Re: Supernova engine stopped on own, won't start or turnover

My 6400 is in the shop with the same problem now and it came about in much the same way as you described. Just shut off on me a couple of times but started back up. Made the appointment to bring it to International, started driving it up there and it died in the middle of the interstate and wouldn't start again. Had to have it towed in. They knew about the problem, verified it and ordered the parts. Took them 2+ weeks to get the harness. They installed it, took it for a test drive and it died on them again. The technician couldn’t get it going and had to have it towed back to the shop. They say they then found another wire that runs from the harness to the ECM that also got fried and they missed it the first time around. Their telling me that now its fixed for sure, but I'm still skeptical. They’re going to drive it a few more times before I go pick it up and then it’s on the road down to Destin for Spring Break.

If anyone sees a broken down 6400 on the side of the road on their way to Florida in a couple of weeks stop in for a beer!
PieEye is offline   Reply With Quote