View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 07:45 PM   #18
Chuck v

Restorium,

Yes the pragmatic approach is usually the most positive way to get things done, although sometimes complaining is cathartic for certain personality types. I have worked on many vehicles where the item I need to access SEEMS to be the first thing that manufacturing assembly begins with, and all the rest is placed around it to frustrate access. However, real progress comes from further inspection/research and then applying the most successful approaches used in similar cases (like access through the windshield -- it is after all a large opening in the structure once the glass is out.

Zippy -- the NHTSA has detailed test methods for vehicle doors, here is just one example:
https://one.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nv...9_Feb_2010.pdf
It is not a trivial expense to get any such vehicle class 'approved' and it is a much higher overhead per vehicle if it is one of just tens of high end custom coaches versus your typical car that is one of several millions of a high production run.

Yes I have seen product reviews similar to the GE appliance page you linked, and the internet gives voice to anyone that wishes to complain.
Some of the postings there are directly related to the control board and it is a weakness in this particular design. However, compare the rate of failure to the Norcold RV units that are so often much more unreliable, far less efficient at cooling, and much more expensive to boot.

...so I just keep going forward and do what I judge is best in my particular case without forcing any other readers here to agree. Thanks for your input and the link you shared.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote