View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 10:36 PM   #11
RinconVTR

Default Re: Dometic Refrigerator in 2013 Gulfstream Visa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg1944
Ok, after reading all of your responses and feeling the indignation of my supporters, I went back to the Gulfstream warranty department and attempted to shame them for lack of other words. How dare they install out of warranty equipment in a new unit!! Got a two part answer that says because we can. 1. Second owner has no rights even if the unit is 2 months old. All warranty rights left with the first owner. Gulf Stream has no obligation. 2. The law allows a manufacturer up to a year to date a unit as to what year it is. Mine was actually built in Jan 2012, sold as a 2013 with a 2011 refrigerator. So all was good when sold per Gulf Stream. No harm no foul!!
Hold on. They are not being truthful.

The ONLY ting that matters is the original date of sale. That's when the warranty begins for the original and ALL owners thereafter. 100% positive fact. State to state laws may vary, but I doubt it. In the Automotive world, this applies throughout the USA.

Also, the fridge warranty actually has to go thru Gulfstream first as the installer, but ends with the manufacture. It doesn't matter then it was made, nor installed. It matters when the unit was SOLD. Period.