View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 09:17 AM   #12
jamesg

Default Re: Dometic Refrigerator in 2013 Gulfstream Visa

All, check out the Escape TT Owners blog. Reace, President of Escape, went after Dometic on this and won. Dometic is offering all owners, regardless of age/warranty status a new replacement model (dual door) if they pay the r&r cost. This is for "poor performance" much less failure!

The Dometic RML8555 is a dud. That is why they quietly agreed to help Escape owners. Now is Gulfstream assisting us? For me so far, no. I went to Dometic directly as Gulfstream Service suggests since 'you are their customer'. I guess if my car paint fades I go to DuPont because they provided the car company with the paint? I don't think so. We bought our trailers with no option for brand or model frig, it's Gulfstream who has the clout, not little fish, me.

Dometic told me to pick a "factory authorised service center", have the frig checked and then have them contact Dometic with their results. The problem, I have tried 4 service dealers none of which wanted to get involved in a dispute with Dometic. Don't know where this is going but I won't be going down without a fight!
jamesg is offline   Reply With Quote