View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
deltamark

Default Re: Gulf Stream Visa

Hello,

My wife and I have been looking for a lightweight trailer (Preferably under 3,000 lbs.) for the past few months. Have looked at r-Pods, MPG's, Jayco Hybrids, KZ Sportsmen, etc. Today we looked at the 19RSD and the 19ERD. They are nice-looking units and we may end up choosing the RSD. I am surprised by the length / weight ratio. The RSD apparently weighs in under 2,800 lbs. for such a long unit.

We have a Newfoundland dog and so want some space that we can use for the mini-moose. The bunk and dinette area seem to accomplish that. My wife liked the unit and of course that is critical. At first, she thought it to be too small, but after envisioning how we typically would use it, felt that it was nice and would meet our needs.

The bathroom is nice ... has a medicine cabinet, separate shower with shallow tub and foot-flush toilet. The kitchen double sink is nice. There are plenty of lights in the unit. There is a shelf that you could use at the head of the bed that seems like it will be convenient. Kitchen storage is not as plentiful as we would like, but there seems to be many other storage areas in the RSD. The kitchen dinette table in the RSD is a bit smallish.

According to the sales rep, the RSD we saw was at an RV show and apparently took a beating because there were a number of minor issues with it. The front door latch wasn't properly installed and caused an issue when opening / closing the door; A grab handle on the outside of the unit was half off, looked like it was only glued on. A curtain for the bedroom area was completely down, seemed to pull out of the ceiling. The panel cover for the refrigerator had come off, again appeared to be only glued on; Some parts of the "Visa" decals on the ERD were already coming off. What I am most concerned about though, is that the propane gas pipe under the unit already has quite a bit of rust on it. Don't know if this is normal, but the unit was manufactured in February 2010, so it didn't seem like it should have that much rust on it. I was thinking about contacting Gulf Stream to inquire.

In any case, we do like the Visas overall. Good-looking, unique, lightweight and I believe they will be a good value if the construction quality proves to be good.

Look forward to hearing any other thoughts on the unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUPFAM
Has anyone had a chance to see the new Visa in person? I like the layout of the 19RSD, but there aren't any available in my area.
http://www.gulfstreamrvtrailers.com/...overview/Visa/
deltamark is offline   Reply With Quote