View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
CoachStreamr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington travler View Post
Did some research and found a few things the 5.9 have problems with fuel pressure from the lift pump and a dowel pin in the timing cover. Found them at
https://www.genosgarage.com/tech_info. The fuel lift pump seems to be the most troublesome. So I am going to put on a fuel pressure gauge.

Keep in touch as I get to know this old beast.

I read about the Dowel Pin issue (and that fix) as well when we first got our Coach last year (w/ 5.7 12V).

When we took our Coach to Cummins NW (Oly) for maintenance and some repairs, I forgot to ask about that to see what they say. We had hoses, belts, filter including that big expensive air filter, chrome tail exhaust pipe replaced, exhaust manifold and turbo replaced. Radiator flush and new fluid, oil change, shocks replaced, parking brake adjusted and overall safety inspection. Probably would have been a good time to do that Dowel Pin fix.

Are you going to do that Dowel Pin fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington travler View Post
The fuel lift pump seems to be the most troublesome. So I am going to put on a fuel pressure gauge.

Their doc says:

Quote:
While the addition of a fuel pressure gauge isn’t necessary on the ‘89-‘98 12-valve engines with the
mechanical fuel delivery pump, we can offer some tips should you want to install a gauge.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote