View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #9
Timothy

Quote:
Then it goes to a inverter/charger that is 50 amps and puts out 3000W. Now when I run both AC units, on one line each and I run say the microwave or other heavey loads (basically having everything on at once) I draw maybe 30 on one line and 30-40 on the other line and together they excede 50amps. Sorry if I mucked things up.
No no, not at all and there are a few more things in this equation that I didn't know about. I am a little confused about the inverter/charger and the ampacitys that you see when under full load, are you running off of the inverter or shoreline power? Do you have some type of power managment system that is giving you the amperage readings or are you taking actual readings? Hmmm, the other thing is what is the output of the charger/inverter, I think it's probably protected by a 50 amp breaker our fuse but it's true output can only be 25 amps right??? (P/E=I) or am I messing up on the output voltage of the invertor? I figured 120V.
And I messed up on one of my statements it should be that we AC changes direction (polarity) every 1/2 second not every 1 second. (E1=Epk*sinT) can show the two null points in a 1 second cycle (or the voltage at any given point using theta in degrees).
Ach - maybe we should put this subject to bed and go camping!!! Iv'e been in managment too long now and forgotton most of this stuff!!!!!