View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #11
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqualls
Quote:
Ron I have an Xantrex inverter in the street side front compartment and an Intellipower converter/charger in the rear streetside compartment where the shore cord is located along with the engine heater power cord and the gfi plug that trips when I plug the engine heater into it.

I am assuming that the xantrex unit charges the 4 six volt batteries, and the inteli power charges the house and/or maybe not chassis battery. The inteli power is plugged into a seperate AC plug in the same compartment.

As I read more posts on rv.net about chargers Am I carrectly to believe that this converter/charger only charges the house batteries and the engine/chassis battery is left to the engine alternator like a regular vehicle? If so I wouldn't think that a month of inactivity would let the engine battery run down unless it may be weak.
Dave,

Look at your Xantrex on the front and see what model it is and if it states it is a Inverter/Charger.
Mine is a Xantrex Freedom 458 Inverter/Charger and I have no converter. The Inverter/Charger charges/maintains the 4 house batteries in my coach.

It appears that you have a Xantrex Inverter that does not have the charging feature and that is why you have an converter to charge the 4 house batteries, but check the model on the inverter and let me know.

Bob has given you some good info on the emergency battery starting circuit.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote