View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 10:56 PM   #9
Leisure Time Larry

Congrats on the new rig, VV! I'm with the others that recommend a second battery out of the gate if you are planning to be off pedestal and run the heater. I also run the heat for a good stretch before bed to get it toasty then turn it way down and put on some extra blankets. I recommend getting a windshield cover. That helps a bit with heat retention, as does getting a good heavy blanket made into a divider curtain to separate the van from the house. Having that go all of the way to the floor helps a lot. I have some other tips and tricks in my tour video if you care to check it out... https://youtu.be/G3BNvR6eM2Q

When you get yours, take the time to go through it to learn about it. Take photos and notes. What circuits are your lights and outlets on, what is under the couch, dinette, drawer, etc. Take off the access panels and take photos. The internet can help, but that initial elbow grease will pay off down the road.

I look forward to your photos and stories. Happy camping.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote