View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 02:26 AM   #10
VocalVirgo

Send a message via Skype™ to VocalVirgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisure Time Larry View Post
Congrats on the new rig, VV! I'm with the others that recommend a second battery out of the gate if you are planning to be off pedestal and run the heater. I also run the heat for a good stretch before bed to get it toasty then turn it way down and put on some extra blankets. I recommend getting a windshield cover. That helps a bit with heat retention, as does getting a good heavy blanket made into a divider curtain to separate the van from the house. Having that go all of the way to the floor helps a lot. I have some other tips and tricks in my tour video if you care to check it out... https://youtu.be/G3BNvR6eM2Q

When you get yours, take the time to go through it to learn about it. Take photos and notes. What circuits are your lights and outlets on, what is under the couch, dinette, drawer, etc. Take off the access panels and take photos. The internet can help, but that initial elbow grease will pay off down the road.

I look forward to your photos and stories. Happy camping.
Thanks so much fir this, and I will indeed check out the link you sent.
I was told there is only room for 1 battery, but in a few photos, it like like there may be room for a second. If not, I may get a li-ion battery so that I’ll have a lot more usable energy. We’ll see how it goes and I’m looking forward ward getting it and learning it. I’ll post pictures. Fingers crossed that the shakedown trip doesn’t reveal too many things that need attention.