View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:56 AM   #8
nomad

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
I read post after post about Gulfstream customer service and issues and wonder if I did the right thing by buying one.

I thought Gulfstream was a good brand ....
Gulf Stream made some real good coaches, but like all manufactures they also made some that were a lot to be desired. But all coach companies have their lemons. I don't care whether it is Monaco, Fleetwood or Newmars. They all have some coaches that just give problems.
Where a lot of RVers have complained about Gulf Stream is their customer service not answering the phone calls. But as you know with the recession as hard as it has been a lot of companies are barely making ends meet. Gulf Stream is no exception, they have not gone belly up like a lot of other companies, but they had to cut off the class A assembly line because of the slow sales of the class A coaches. They have survived because it is a family owned company and they have streamlined to manufacturing only trailers and class C motorhomes until the economy picks up.
Gulf Stream does not manufacture real high end coaches like Newmar, Fleetwood, Tiffin, Foretravel. Gulf Stream coaches are mid range in prices that were on the class A TourMasters for around 350K. I paid in 2003 for a Scenic Cruiser 212K dollars which was not bad for their top of the line at the time.
Where Gulf Stream made the mistake was to cut down on their quality control and pass the coach down to the dealer for final prep. Lot of dealers didn't like that and didn't particularly like Gulf Stream because they would not pay them what they wanted to charge per hour to make repairs to the coaches.
I can't complain, my coach has been an excellent coach.
Well it is great that you have a good coach --- but the fact is that many don't and GulfStreaM IS NOT THERE FOR FOLKS ANYMORE THAT OWN COACHES .

Buy one ------------- better think it out is my advice
8000 watt Onan Generator
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote