View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
WQ6N

A good question. I was speaking of the unit as a whole. I did not get into granular details to differentiate between the individual components of the jack. I did pay for a RV repair SME to evaluate the issue and the result was replacement.

Since these are self contained jacks, it would be possible to pull one and go through it. Hence my attempted research on a overhaul kit. To be honest, it could very well be a valve or pump that is leaking. I am very comfortable taking things apart, repairing and restoring them, it is a time issue more than anything.

There was a moment in time, prior to me installing a 12vdc cutout supply solenoid, that the individual solenoids on the jacks were starting to fail in a closed state. When that happened, the jacks would start extending and there was no way to stop them because Gulfstream failed to design in a master cutout. The only way to stop the jacks was to disconnect the 12vdc feed at the battery. I have since replaced all the individual solenoids on the jacks with heavier duty solenoids along with a master cutout solenoid. No problems since that repair until the leaking issue appeared later on.

The risk of the jacks coming down while on the freeway doing 60 is/was my concern. Hence the double bungee cords. The coach rides pretty low with the stock wheels and it would not take much to create a potentially serious issue. It was recommended that I look into ordering individual leaves from Benz to bring the coach up. This is a separate issue from the original thread.
WQ6N is offline   Reply With Quote