View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #13
psgoodale

Default Re: Pulling a Visa 19

I plan on pulling my 2013 Visa TT RBS with a Jeep JK 4 door Wrangler. It has a v6 but its only a sport model in which case comes with tall gears. 3:21's. Tall gears offer better gas mileage and higher top speed but when towing, torque is important. I am getting it regeared in two weeks to have 4:10's. Since I have 32" tires this should work nicely. Tire size and gear ratio can get you the added torque if your struggling with power but you will also compensate your top speed to get this. There are charts that you can find to see what's best. Any vehicle can be re-geared if its underpowered but remember if is 4 or all wheel drive you have to do both axels. $1800 in my area to get this done which is not cheap but I need to do it. My brother in law was nice enough to tow it home for me from the dealer until I have my vehicle ready to tow it. He pulled it with a Toyota tundra and said there was some sway. Also he said his side mirrors were not wide enough to see around the trailer. I plan on getting a weight distribution hitch that has sway control and I will need to install the proper mirrors to see. Not to mention I have to install the wiring and brake controller. Don't forget each vehicle has a rating for how much frontage the trailer can have. More frontage = more draft on highway = need more horsepower to pull it. Hope this helps.
psgoodale is offline   Reply With Quote