View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
Dave J

Default Slow crank no start

Hi,

This is an epic saga!

I have a 2003 Gulfstream Friendship Quattro. The unit has a 3126 7.2l diesel engine. It has 80,000 miles on the clock. I bought the unit in October 2016 and hired a driver to deliver it to my home about 2,000 miles away. It was driven here and according to him it performed perfectly. It was winterized and parked in my driveway for the winter. When I came to start it in the spring of 2017, it cranked very slowly and wioud not start. I figured oxidised or rusted battery leads, so I cleaned them all. Still slow crank! I took the batteries out and tested each on a car I have. Both performed perfectly. I then figured perhaps the solenoid. I finally found the exact model (new) and purchased it. After installation still slow crank and no start. I then figured that the starter motor was flakey so finally found the identical starter motor (new) purchased and installed it. Still slow crank Finally I gave in and purchased two new batteries (1000CCA) group 31. Made no difference, the crank is too slow to start the unit. So now I have absolutely no idea what else to look at.Now that we seem to be getting the odd day above freezing, I wanted to sort this out hopefully before my better half gets on my back about a wasted purchase that we have never been able to use! Phew! Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thnks

Dave
Dave J is offline   Reply With Quote