View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
BillyRains

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesg View Post
My Visa (now renamed Vista) TT has a Dometic RML8555 refrigerator. It is out of warranty at this point. It truly has never cooled well, especially over 80F. It frosts so quickly that we must defrost every few (4-5) days. Last defrost it just quit. In 45 yrs of RV'ing I never had a refer issue. Dometic knows this is a bad design since they dropped it. I found blogs where other manufacturers, notably Escape, went after Dometic and are now asking their owners to contact them and they can get a replacement model from Dometic (all-new design) for the cost of the r&r to the owner for poor performance alone, much less quit, regardless of warranty status!

All I got from my dealer and Gulfstream is "sorry out of warranty" even though I provided copies of the other blogs and forums.

Domestic shunts me off to their 'factory authorized' repair site and so far none of the 4 I contacted will give me an appointment. Yes,I have been calm, polite and friendly through all this. Guess future purchases will be well vetted and made with people who care. Also guess I have a Norcold in my future.
Had the same problem except it was the thermistor that tells the fridge when to cycle on and off. Took it to two Dometic service centers and neither could fix the fridge in two months. Got lucky and got to pay $1500 for a new fridge. Will be trying it out this coming weekend. The front panel design is different but I don't know if it's the same electronics underneath. Mine is a RM8555R. The R or L telling which side the door hinge is on.
BillyRains is offline   Reply With Quote