View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
03heritagerider

Default Re: Electrical problems

The Xantrex rep had me check the panel and that is when he determined the inverter was bad. The panel read DC volts were good at 13.5 but the DC amps reading was <10.

As far as the dash light, I suspeced a belt issue. Last winter we had a belt break that caused the engine to overheat and blow a hose fitting. After being towed into a shop (AAA covered the tow for the MH but had to pay extra for the cargo trailer). They said the air conditioner pulley was frozen and the friction caused the belt to break . $800.00 later we were on our way. I have a spare belt, so I'll change it before we leave here.

That's why I said I'm not sure how much more I can handle. Seems every winter some major event happens that costs us time or money or is potentially dangerous.

Two winters ago, our cantalievered power awning roller separated from the arms, fell down the side of the coach hanging on by the fabric, and the arms extended on I-95 in Georgia. Think about what a disaster that would have been if the roller came off or those arms extended as I was passing a truck.