View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #6
RayChez1

Default Re: Electrical problems

Heritagerider: So can you bypass the invertor until you get back from your trip? I hardly ever use the invertor, but I do need the charger in the invertor to charge the house batteries. I had a transfer board in the invertor that had a lose connection when I was in Oregon a few years back. I pulled it out and had it repaired for a couple of hundred dollars. I was in the RV park at Seaside TTrails. So I just unplugged the invertor and drove on the toad to Portland where they fix Xantrex invertors. Nothing to it, just watch how the wires are connected. Those two wires that look like tv line connectors can be mixed up if you do not pay attention. It happened to me that is why I know. But it did not take long for me to figure that out. A brand new Xantrex 458 Freedom costs around $1400.00 for the 2K watt. Little more for the 3K watt.
Xantrex should be able to tell you where shops are around the area where you are at. Just curious! You mention that something will cost you $850.00. What is costing you that amount?
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote