Thread: Roof Leak
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #10
jamesham

Default You can fix this problem with lots of elbow grease

Silicone caulk is the worst possible roof leak solution. Sorry to have to tell you that and be the bearer of bad news. It leaks, and is difficult to remove to solve the real water problem, Eternabond tape will work well to seal all around the vent and it comes in several widths with 4 inch most common. I have a difficult time with the 4 inch getting it on the roof, not on me, so I cannot imagine how people do with the 12 inch. Getting the area clean so it will stick will be difficult and lots of hard rubbing.

Is your ceiling really fabric like an auto headliner, or really short nap carpet called Ozite commonly used in RVs? There is a special product called InstaGone that is made for cleaning water stains off the light colored carpet. I have used it on my ceiling and it works great. I do not own the company, just a satisfied customer. I got it from Amazon. It comes as a dry powder that is mixed with water and applied with hand sprayer. Need a brush, shop vacuum, sponge, and lots of old bathtowels, plus some goggles or face shield so you do not get in your eyes. If your ceiling is really headliner fabric, I have no idea if InstaGone will work or is colorfast. Type InstaGone in search engine and there are multiple videos of the product usage.

[QUOTE=gbrowninc;29246]Hi, I have a similar problem with my BT Cruiser. I get a small leak around the vent in the living area and the AC unit. The ceiling is covered with a white fabric. I have used a clear silicone calk around
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote