View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
pgirardet

Default Re: Battery Disconnect Switch

Hi
I have 2006 Crescendo and I had the same problem. 1. The Battery Disconnect Switch goes to a relay, mine was located in the rear passenger compartment and it was lableled. There is a little orange or red wire to it and it was loose, it is connected behind the big wire and is hard to see. 2. I have a Xantech inverter/charger and it was not charging correctly. To find out if this is your problem: 1. With no shore power, gen running or main engine running, check voltage on batteries with VOM meter using DC volts at 20 volts, probably between 10 and 12 volts. 2. Using generator or shore power, charge batteries, check with VOM meter, should be 13+ to 14+ volts. If it is lower then 12 volts it is not charging correctly. 3. Disconnect shore power or stop gen, start main engine, charging now coming from altenator and should be 14+ on meter. My problem was the battery temperature sensor not reading correctly and was controling the voltage. Disconect the second plug, a data plug, on Xantech inverter/charger, the first one is a phone jack to the remote control panel See attachment. Attatch shore power and check meter, takes 1/2 min. to start charging , should read 13+ volts.
Allison Trans.
2010 Honda Fit Blue OX tow Bar
pgirardet is offline   Reply With Quote