View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
RayChez1

Default Re: electrical - bathroom lights

There are only three things that will trip if you cause a short. On twelve volt systems it is a fuse some where. On my Gulf stream coach the fuses are in a big compartment in the front of the coach on the drivers side. You will have a schematic on the wall of the compartment telling you what every fuse is for.

The second thing that could trip off are your GFCI outlet breakers. One would be under your overhead cabinet, usually by the kitchen sink or microwave oven and the second would be in the bathroom outlet by a sink. Just press the button in the center to reset them.

The third to trip off would be your 110 volt circuit breakers, and if your coach is like mine it has lights that are both 110 volts and 12 volts. If you are hooked up to shore power your lights work through the circuit breakers and if there is a short on a 110 circuit it will trip your circuit breakers.

I have not seen a circuit breaker on a coach that resets itself. It would be a very dangerous thing to have if you had a direct short because it could start a fire.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote