Thread: Power Steering
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
03heritagerider

Default Power Steering

Well here we go again. Seems like every time I'm on here it's to ask for help.

Since this past winter I've had to replace a blown tranny line. Then a hole in the exhaust that was melting everything in the side compartments, including my converter/inverter. Then three weeks ago I had to replace the other tranny line (didn't replace it when I did the other because I went by the theory "If it ain't broke...don't fix it!").

Now, I went to move the rig to the other side of the driveway, which normally takes about 4 swings. Into the first swing I hear a pop and the steering wheel all but locks up on me. It took me about 20 swings to get it moved over 10 feet with no power steering.

Fluid all over the driveway.

I'll have to get under there on Sunday and have a look, but can anyone tell me where the power steering pump is located? From the position of the leak, I think it's near the front. And if I had to guess, I'd say it was a hose like the tranny lines. Am I right or is that just wishful thinking on my part (since I can have those lines made and change myself).