View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #5
gsadmin

From what I have seen and read online, all RV manufacturers have quality issues. Unless you are talking about >$250K coaches, the way that they assemble these things and some of the parts and techniques they use can only be categorized as "mickey mouse" by myself and others. But, because all of them are basically the same in that manner, you roll the dice and choose the manufacturer that you believe has the layout, features, and value you desire. Since there are so many inconsistencies in the manufacturing processes for most all RVs it really is a crapshoot RV to RV and serial# to serial# whether or not you will get a good one or a lemon.

Now, the real issue...select a coach based on dealer and manufacturer support and service. This is where I (and others) have the biggest issue with GS. This is the reason that I created the petition to encourage GS to release technical docs like Winnebago and others do. That way we can maintain and fix some of these byproducts of inconsistent manufacturing AND design.

I do not believe that people only post the negative...this post itself proves that incorrect. True, the balance is probably 80/20 bad to good where the reality is the reverse, but ultimately how the companies respond to the negative issues they have is where great companies shine through. I will let you decide for yourselves where unanswered email and closing down and deleting posts from their web forum places GS on that customer service continuum.

For the record, despite its quirks, I love my GS coach. Is it perfect, far from it, its just the balancing act that you must do when deciding on an RV.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote