View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 04:30 AM   #6
sam75

Default Re: DRY CAMPING BATTERY LIFE

We have a Visa 19ERD, and we dry camp 95% of the time.
We regularly get 5 full days of life on our Walmart 29DC battery but only run our refrig, lights, stove fan and bath fan (limit these to 15 min a day each), our cell phone chargers, and of course the LP/CO alarm. I even avoid using the water pump (we have a water dispenser in both the kitchen and bathroom instead), but I suspect the water pump wouldn't impact our battery life much since we take our showers at a nearby campground. We have replaced all light bulbs with LED and we usually run the dinette, one of the ceiling, and bedroom lights 3-4 hours each night.
If we need a heater, we bring the Mr. Heater Big Buddy - 2 propane bottles more than last the night during our coldest camps.
We bring a Sony battery powered boombox which fits in one of the over-bed cabinets - just prop open the cabinet door and it sounds great.
Someday I will probably get a solar panel up on the roof (45W min, 80W would be perfect) so I can run the water heater and furnace and TV and run all the lights/fans we want, but we don't really feel a driving need for that as long as we can get our showers elsewhere, and we really like the silent operation of the Big Buddy, and fasting from the TV for a few days is kinda nice too....
sam75 is offline   Reply With Quote