View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
RockinAB

Default Re: 2005 Gulf Stream Crescendo and new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis4809
The water pump is operated by the batteries. If it works when on shore power or the gen is running but not otherwise, it's getting power from the inverter/charger. Bad batteries. Likewise, the inverter uses 12VDC from the batteries to make 120 VAC. Again, sounds like bad batteries.
You likely have four 6 volt batteries for the above. Then two 12 volt batteries that start the engine and power the chassis items.

Good luck,
Dennis

Thanks Dennis!
I have 2-12 volt batteries for the house and 2-12 volt batteries for the chassis. I learned this from having to jump start the engine last night. What a chore that was... I will have to get all the batteries checked as they are still under warranty. I seem to remember the house batteries going dead once in a very short period of time.
That seems to be a good starting point. Would hate for it to be the inverter, as they are very expensive...

By the way...
If the coach is plugged in to shore power, shouldn't the batteries be maintaining themselves is some sort of way? It has been plugged in and the chassis batteries went dead anyway...
RockinAB is offline   Reply With Quote