View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
bjcarlin71

Default Loose ground

I had all sorts of trouble with my console electronics, including the air horn switch. If I had a certain combination of lighter/12v outlets in use, the levelers would function properly. Sometimes it was the slides and constantly cut out the backup video! I kept poking around behind the panel and finally found two things - one, a loose connection on one of the 12v outlets which wreaked havoc with several panel buttons, and a loose ground that affected just about everything. Once I installed our grandson in the panel to hold the connections tight, problems resolved. Seriously, be sure all connections are tight and secure. And if some wires are too short to allow you to take the panel off far enough to carefully examine each wire, cut the offenders and splice in some additional wiring. Once off, you might find some interesting things in there if it's a previously owned coach. I found an auxiliary input wire to the stereo/CD/backup camera onto which I installed a small Bluetooth receiver. Now I can use my phone wirelessly for music. Also found a hidden 12v receptacle. I connected wiring to a 12v light we use on the steering wheel. Just like loose screws all around the coach, check your wiring connections regularly.

2008 Tourmaster 40F
bjcarlin71 is offline   Reply With Quote