View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #116
kart74

Sorry for not letting everyone know the results of my ACE installation sooner. If you remember I paid for the parts and Cummins was doing the installation. It turned out they needed to order the second air thingy and add leafs because of the lean I am hearing more and more about. We bartered the labor and I felt it was only right that I pay for the extra parts. Now it sounds like most are having to do the same. So the total ended up a little over $6,000.00. Problem is that we only got a chance to drive it once before we had to winterize so I don't know how much of a difference it made. It seemed huge the short distance we did go. Now is there anything I am supposed to do for the winter with the system? I didn't get any kind of service guide so I am clueless as to what maintenance it needs if any. Do you all take your house batteries out for the winter? Do you know that the thing was hitting so hard it broke the strap on one of the batteries which in turn busted the ground wire off? I sure hope I spent this money wisely.
kart74 is offline   Reply With Quote