View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #19
JimBob

Jim Bob as was mentioned, resides in South Carolina. Before that, I lived in New Jersey, and drove into New York City to work. I had a 30 year career of constant traveling, which has included motor homes since 1984, and I've owned 9 of them, up to our current Super Nova.

My bonafides for commenting on the current thread include 20,000 miles of ownership of a Jayco Seneca, which was driven coast to coast, up to Yellowstone, and back, as well as two loops up to Maine from SC, and to our summer placement at Meridith, NH; including the dreaded I-10 through Louisiana and plenty of red and blue roads, since I'm not really one to drive the Interstates just for fun.

I also have as of this minute 11,000 miles in our 08 Super Nova, again, driven from SC to Texas, up to Oklahoma, another circle up to Indiana and multiple smaller trips to Florida and again, a trip this summer up to Maine and New Hampshire.

That being said, and let me preface my post with some full disclosure, as of this minute, I just drove 540 miles in a Toyota Camry with a 12 and 8 year old fighting most of way, and a wife who is totally frazzled, just lost her mother, (were on our way to New Jersey, where your crappy roads are located). May not be in the very chirpiest of moods.

As Musketeer Paul said, there is no denial that you seem to be mightily unhappy with the ride on your coach. The assumption here would be that you test drove your coach before purchase. Hope you did. Assume that you did your due dilligence, and asked around, as we all did, Guessing that you might have checked in to a forum or two, to see what previous owners have to say, good or bad, and so forth.

Clearly, the coach is not living up to your expectations. Clearly, the coach as constructed and rides, seems to live up to ours as owners.

As it states in the header for the forum it is for "Gulf Stream owners "coming together to help each other."
As I read the thread, we attempted to do just that- offer testimony to our experience. It's there for you to use, or not.

If you are so disinclined to be so unhappy with your purchase, if you're not too upside down in your ownership picture, perhaps you might trade the 6400 in on another C+ that you might find that doesn't offer so harsh a ride, after, of course you test drive it for a few hundred miles, fully loaded, weighed, and certified by the manufacturer that the ride you seek will be delivered as such.

As for me, I'm going to maintain my status as a Super Nova Cheerleader,
and continue to proudly show off the coach to the many fans we get at most every campground we go to.

Happy holidays. Parsippany New Jersey tomorrow.

JimBob
08 Super Nova
http://jimbobmissbetteandbuster.blogspot.com
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote