View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvanslyke View Post
Thank you, I appreciate the reply. Good to hear that Gulf Stream stands behind the product. And I agree, I have seen so many smooth sided fiberglass travel trailers with de-lamination issues that it played a major factor in shopping for an aluminum/standard construction model. This was my primary concern- outside construction, water leaks, etc. I can deal with a cheaply made interior (we camp maybe maybe 20-30 days out of the year),but leaks are unacceptable. It is also why we are buying new this time. Of every used trailer that I have purchased, no matter how well that I look them over, I always find something that I wish I had seen before the sale.
Well now that you are starting fresh be sure to keep that rubber roof clean and sealed. There are special sealers that need to be applied to the entire surface and then there are the places that need to be sealed. Pipes and vents/AC etc.

The point is to keep the leaks away. Don't store it under a tree if possible. Sap will really be hard to get off. My 2005 Class A has a fiberglass roof like a bus.

Sudsy