Thread: Senior Moment
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Senior Moment

I returned home after a 8 week trip up north. Was telling my wife how pleased I was that we had no problems with our 2004 Gulfstream sunvoyager, preformed great. We unloaded the rig and I placed it on the pad. Next day I decided to take the MH up to the local Shell gas station and fill the tank for it was pretty low and I don't like it setting around with a low gas tank. Well after filling the tank to the tune of $200.00 I proceeded to exit the station and when I made my turn to leave I hit one of the pipes that protects the gas pump, I just did not allow enough room. When I heard it hit I stopped and put the MH in reverse and turned the wheel to get away from the pipe. I pulled to the side and got out to see if I did any damage to the MH. What a surprise there was parts laying at the pump and I had destroyed the water heater door, the tank and a couple of panels on the MH. I took in to get estimate and it is going to cost $6800.00 for the repair. Dealer said it would be 4 to 6 weeks because GulfStream would have to manufacture the water heater door. I understand that the rest of the parts is avaible . Talk about being sick, & I can't blame anyone except myself.