View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #7
lockdoc

As a follow up to my original post:

The dealer called me back yesterday 9/7/06 and told me that they just took another one apart so they were now ready to tackle mine. I had to inform him that I had done it myself over the weekend as waiting too long wasn't in the game for me.

I had to remove the wall (cheap paneling) and was then able to access the area of the tanks. The black tank flush is plumbed into the top of the tank right next to the sewage run. The line runs horizontal to the tank and is connected with an elbow connector to the tank. I tightened this connector then attached a hose to the flush bib and turned it on..... now I have no leaks! While I was in there I spent quite a bit of time cleaning out the construction debris and sawdust as I don't need that stuff getting into things and wearing it out prematurely too. I also had to mount the water pump as it was just set there, halfway between the grey tank and the floor, without being secured and one of the quick connect fittings that SureFlo used on this pump had been knocked loose! Now the pump is connected to the floor and can't allow this problem again!

Now I feel that I need to address the water hammer noise! Will an accumulator tank fix this issue? I want a quiet water system! The hoses are hammering loudly when the pump runs. They are already flexible lines so there is nothing to change there.....I have added sponge rubber underneath the lines on the water connection board but they still hammer away.

I am heading to Kansas with the rig next week so I am anxious to get things right for use boondocking! I am also adding an in cab air control system for the AirRide bags....if I can only figure where to mount everything! I think I should have gotten the digital system as it would take up less room!

Blue skies and clear roads to you all!
Kevin
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote