Thread: Wiper problem
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
03heritagerider

Default Re: Wiper problem

Thanks Ron,

Got it figured out yesterday evening. Had power to the unit (tested at the connection with meter as you suggested). I hooked up a battery to the motor side of the connection and got nothing, so I figured the motor was shot. I took the motor out and tried again to get something with a battery, but no luck. Went to NAPA and the guy tried for half an hour to find a part number that would match, but no luck. Got home and tried calling Freighliner Help line but they said the same thing as before. If it's not a smart wheel, they have no idea what motor Gulfstream installed. Gulfstream is, of course, closed until January 5th.

Got home and put the motor on the workbench and sprayed the daylights out of it with PB Blaster. Went in again last night and sprayed it some more. Before bed, I tried again with the battery and voila, it sprang to life!

Put it back in and all is good.

Funny how things work out sometime. If NAPA or Freighliner or Gulfstream were able to get me a part number, I would have spent at least a couple hundred bucks for a new motor.