View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #18
hossross

The back up sensor and display was probably marketed as a rear obstacle detection system, or backup warning,
I have investigated mine some more, and learned that the single black wire to to sensor, isn't inside the black cover is 2 shielded wires (a red and black) . I still haven't located a controller box, The wire to the display is also the same covered black wire. This wire is routed to the left and under the left foot well and continues rearward but can't tell if it is routed inside or exits at the floor rise just behind the driver and passengers seats. Some where they need to route to 12 V and a ground, as well as reverse selected. None of this is happening under the IP. The camera and distance display
both activate when in Reverse, so they may pick up the reverse signal / power up at the same splice. Does anyone have any more ideas of where the Box is mounted, I assume it would be inside and not external, but don't know how weather proof it is. I assume it would be about the size of a pack of cigarettes (if that is an acceptable standard of measure these days)
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote