View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
kopstein

Default Routing 12v to antenna outlet connection 21MB

Hi, I recently purchased a 21MB and learned it came with an non-amplified outside antenna. I am about to replace the winegard head unit with an amplified head unit. However, I learned that in order for the amplified version to work you need to feed 12v via the RG59 cable using a winegard controller. My question is a couple fold. First, is there an easy way to get 12v up to the antenna connection above the refrigerator? How? And it would seem that I need to feed the roof RV antenna directly from the winegard sensar controller (sensar pro). My second question is can I get to where the cable antenna feed and the rv outside antenna cable come together? Reason being is that I think two cables need to come out of the ceiling for connection of my Directv satellite receiver and from the RV outside antenna. Then the winegard sensar pro device would feed directly to the new amplified RV antenna, and there would be a second TV connection in the ceiling for the cable/satellite connection on the side of the 21MB. Is all this feasible on the 21MB version that I have? I think I can route 12v easily from the microwave fan/light unless there is an easier way. I am stuck on how to handle the cable/satellite connection and the RV outside antenna cabling. Any ideas?

Thanks, Jerry
kopstein is offline   Reply With Quote