View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 07:26 PM   #36
Darbgnik

Hey guys, I figured I would add to this thread as well.

Had a no start, no crank condition, as it died while idling for a few minutes. Went through all the locations mentioned in this thread to try and figure it out, as the symptoms were the same. No wait to start light, no crank, and a faint click under the passenger side dash.

But sadly, that wasn't the issue. However, once I dug into the wiring I noticed this connector was burnt. According to the interwebs, that is a common problem . This is the engine interface connector . Connects the chassis harness to the engine harness before the IDM.

The online technician said they normally cut the connector right out , and wire them together . Crimp fitting to put wires together , crimp , solder and shrink seal each connection and you will never have a problem again there. This connector was located between the engine valve cover and the brake master cylinder. You cant tell in the picture, but the wires were red, purple, purple.

I cut it out and spliced it though, and the truck fired right up. But amazingly, not only did it fire up, it idles more even and quieter than any time I've owned the truck. I'm guessing the failing connection was causing the injectors to be erratic, or some such thing. Anyways, thought I'd add to the knowledge pile.

Link to the online mechanic thread I read:

https://www.justanswer.com/medium-an...-location.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230612_130253.jpg (142.6 KB, 6 views)
Darbgnik is offline   Reply With Quote