View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 12:59 PM   #17
Chuck v

Default Re: 2008 Tourmaster owners manuals.

Ray,

Yes that ball valve is not fitted to my 2007 Tour Master (but the rectangular cutout in the wall cover is still there...)

On an unrelated topic, and since I live in my unit year round -- I found that during an exceptionally cold spell the water in the pump tended to freeze. Not only is this due to not having any water flowing through it on a regular basis (I use an electrically heated supply hose from the insulated ground hydrant at my slip and therefore use pressure water from the RV park...) but also because that particular bay section is fairly well isolated from the basement heat due to the arrangement of the partitions. What I did was to put a "goldenrod" heater as used in gun safes along the floor just under the manifold...it only draws about 20 watts and gives a gentle and steady heat when I have any concerns about the outside temperature here.

Since there are many climates that get much colder than where I am, what do other year-round coach users do for this isolated bay in terms of freeze prevention/heat??

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote