View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 10:58 PM   #8
KampinKevin

Talking

Been there, Flower, in similar circumstances on other projects; double the time, double the money, same end result. Seems to be a theme in my life. All is well that ends well; that's my consolation.

In the process of investigating this camera thing, I came across the posting from another forum where a gent claimed to have found a similar camera to the Way Interglobal unit (same model number, no less) for significantly less money, purchased and proceeded to install it. I was very curious and so went hunting around. It seems that Way Interglobal, LLC, is a distribution company, and that perhaps the manufacturer of the CL-718W-C(D) is Shenzhen Chelong Electronics Technology, Ltd, of Guangdong, China. I say it seems because, the model no.'s match and the images of the Way Interglobal unit and the Chelong unit are very similar, and I know that Way Interglobal offers many other products produced in China (surprise), but there is very little other information available, under either company name. I think the fellow from the other forum mentioned the company name, "Elite" for the the unit he installed, then removed and sent back (Ebay?). His was the CL-718W-C, which I believe is the analog-signal wireless unit, while the CL-718W-D is the digital model (I'm wondering if Elite is also a distribution company?) I've seen also that Etrailer offers a camera system with the same model no. somewhere in their listing (website), that from Way Interglobal.

This would be an easy purchase decision if I had more confidence in the company or product, but there is so little information to go on, and it seems that product support is a worthy expectation for wireless camera systems, as performance results seem to vary greatly. Furrion is a more recognizable and certainly more documented camera system, as are many others on the market, but again, the installation will be more involved, with bracket and wire terminal issues to deal with. I know it seems a paltry concern, when stacked against the various hoops others have jumped through to mount camera systems on their rigs, but still the path of least resistance has its appeal! Wouldn't it be nice if you could depend on the rv industry to have vetted the products they install or offer?
KampinKevin is offline   Reply With Quote