Thread: Clog
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
Chuck v

This type of clog usually is the result of a coach being connected to a park drain for a protracted of time and the black valve left open all the time. There is not enough fluid in the use of the toilet to make the tank drain solids when used like this. The proper way to deal with the black tank is let it fill at least half to 3/4 full and then drain it all at once -- followed by a rinse using the Tour Master's built in flush valve which can be selected to spray the internal surfaces of the black tank or the grey tank. You must have the drain valves open when you do this.

Solving a clogged black tank that has had solids being built up for some protracted time is going to be difficult. I suggest that you try to at least use the tank interior spray/flush feature to see if any fluid comes out of the open valve (and does not raise the liquid level in the tank...) On my coach, I used a clear section of drain fitting to ascertain that fluids were draining as expected, and to see when the flow/draining had completed before closing or switching drain valve settings. Here is a typical clear section that you can get at Camping World and other suppliers:

https://www.campingworld.com/clearvi...wer-connection

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote