View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
Texas TC

Default Air suspension for the SuperNova/International chassis

Like everyone else with an International chassis coach, I have been looking for a better suspension for the rear of the coach. I love this unit and plan to keep it for a long time. No problems in the drivers seat but the wife has never cared for the ride past mid-coach.

So, I drove the Nova down to SW International for them to take a look at the frame and suspension layout to see about getting shocks installed. The Specialty Equipment Manager said I should consider an aftermarket air suspension system complete with air compressor. Cost is a little under $4900.00 so I told them to order it. It is made by American Carrier Systems out of Fresno, CA. I looked at the system and feel good about the engineering. It comes with its own shock package so it kinda kills two birds with one stone. He is going to order it tomorrow and I will get it installed as soon as it arrives.

The technician that is going to install the system looked the Nova over from the underside completely. He did not see any complications that would keep the system from being installed, plenty of clearance room down there. I told him I wanted to add air horns later and he said that would not be a problem. I will most probably add them along the frame rail next to the air compressor so they are at the level of the cars. Should be real loud down there!

I will keep you all informed of the progress.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote