View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqualls
Well I plugged the mystery cable in yesterday and it throws the 15 amp GFI breaker. Hmmm........

Who would work on that? Cat? Freightliner? GS warranty?

The reason I even found this out was because I went to start the rig after it had set in the shop for about a month connected to shore power and the engine battery was too weak to start the engine. Hmmmm. I have a inteli Power 9180 convertor on the rig.

Does it charge the engine battery or just the house battery?

I thought the charge button and level indicator that is on the Xantrex controlled all of the invertor batteries as well as the coach and engine batteries. Lesson learned.

Anyone have any advice about the engine battery, or do you need to run engine to charge that one?

Thanks

Dave.
Dave,
Guess I would have GFI problem checked by the GS Warranty and go from there on that one.

It is strange that you have a converter and a charger/inverter

On our present coach and previous, we have/had just the Xantrex Inverter/Charger. The inverter only charges/maintains the coach batteries and not the chassis batteries.

When we are sitting in one place, like we are in Florida right now, I always start the engine at least once a month to make sure the batteries do not discharge. If we are not using the coach, then I always turn the battery disconnect switch off located in the right rear compartment so there are no parasite drain on them.

I know some install a battery minder/charger on the chassis batteries to keep them fully charged. This is a small unit that will keep the batteries charged, but not overcharge or boil them.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote