View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #15
rdlamb

Default Nifty idea

Sorry about the late post, but I just joined. Hopefully you receive this as a new post.

I also have 6 volt batteries in the front compartment, where I can look at or service my generator. Stupidly, I thought these were for the Onan generator. Humm,,, think I'll change them to some Optimas.

But, since I am a full timer, several times I have sat to long and found my chassis (starts the engine) batteries drained. I thought that you were supposed to hold that connection switch for a few seconds, then try to start the engine. It worked well for me.

Fixed my chassis battery problems. In the compartment with the electrical cord is the 110v outlet for the engine block heater. Bought a BatteryMinder/Conditioner and plugged it in there. Drilled a hole to the battery compartment. Insert a rubber gromet. Used the eyelet connectors. Plug in the BatteryMinder and Voila, charges w/o overcharging, conditions & desulfinates, and full cranking power when it is time to move.

So, in the battery compartment are (2) 12 volt batterys for the engine;
(2) 12 Volt batteries for the coach and up front are (4) 6 volt batteries for the inverter? Me thinks I'm learning something.
Thanks.
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote