View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho167 View Post
That is real nice, a home away from home. The kitchen cabinets look like high end quality. I wonder what happened to the original engine as they should last a long time? Do you get close to 10 mpg? I know those Ford V10's get atrocious mileage. I used to work at a park district with those V10 engines pulling a trailer of mowers only got 6 mpg around town.
This is the original motor. The previous owners DW developed Alzheimers soon after he bought it. He was 65 in 2005 so now he says he's just too old to travel. He just messed with stuff. I have found documentation of at least three different TV systems in the coach. It had a surround sound system that depended on the DVD player being in the cabinet. Well that's gone since he put a 32 inch flat screen with a DVD player built in in the front. I am working the bugs out of that now. It was kept under a carport like cover.

I did get all the books with it. I have read a lot of stuff but discovered nothing from Gulf Stream that serves as an Owners Manual. I am in contact with a lady named Millie at GS who has been a great help in sorting things out. I just finally figured out the last switch on the dash. It flashes the running lights so I can act like a trucker I guess.

They say it will get 10 mpg on a good day. I guess I haven't had a "Good Day" yet. I have been getting 7. Have a Ford Escape on a dolly too.

Sudsy

Sudsy