View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #6
UAHaerospace

replaced our campers 43" Dometic RM2551 rv fridge for a 60" residential 120v 'apartment model' found at BestBuy(I've seen them also at Sams and maybe even HD and Lowes)...

I found that the rv fridge is the same depth, but the wasted space above the typical rv fridge is due to the requirement for the propane 'stack vent' to run up and out the fridge roof vent. This allowed me MUCH more height for a regular fridge, which is also the same depth and width as the rv model, but MUCH more space inside the fridge(two door, freezer on top)... I used the same 120v plug outlet that the rv fridge was using, capped off the propane line with a 'plug', and taped off the pos/neg 12v lines after cutting them from the rv fridge's 12v connection point. I could even use these 12v lines to power another 12v device or appliance, if ever needed.

Since our camper is always 'plugged in', there's no need to hassle with the 'smallish' rv fridge, and there's plenty of space for a more 'regular' sized fridge.... nice.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote