View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
Chuck v

Bill,

I am not familiar with your year coach but on my 2007 Tour Master the chassis and the house batteries are both in the basement compartment just aft of the curb-side rear wheels. The house batteries are two each deep cycle style 12 volt units in parallel, plus the two parallel chassis (diesel start) batteries which are sealed automotive/truck style 12 volt batteries appropriate for that service.

Since my coach also has an inverter to run the residential style refrigerator, it also has 4 each 6 volt golf cart style batteries wired in series/parallel mounted in the front of the coach behind an access panel below the front windshield near the diesel generator unit.

Look closely and you may find that there are two groups of batteries in that basement compartment. I have never seen a full-sized diesel pusher coach with batteries in the rear engine compartment. Most of these coaches have a dash switch that temporarily connect the house and chassis batteries together to crank the engine when the chassis batteries are insufficiently charged. Another thing to note is that most of these coaches do not charge the chassis batteries from the shore power connection. I modified my own coach to have a separate quality float charger tend to the chassis batteries when parked on shore power because I lived aboard and only moved the coach about 4 times a year for a couple or three days each trip...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote