View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #10
BT5210

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryL View Post
Hi BT5210. We have a 2018 BT5245.

I assume you have downloaded the overall Motorhome Owner's manual from the Gulf Stream website. On page 11 there are labels for the tire pressures and weight info. Also on our BT pasted inside one of the upper kitchen cabinets by the walk-in door is a sticker with other techinical and appliance information. Yours maybe in a different location since your layout is different.

Note that the rear dual wheels should be inflated to a lower pressure than the single front wheels. The exact amount may be different by model, I don't know.

We cruise between 60 and 65 mpg. We are retired so we have the time, it gives better gas mileage, really is less stressful, and is safer for moving a 6-ton box down the road.

It sounds like you are much more mechanically knowledgable than we are and have already made many performance improvements. I look forward to hearing more as you continue.

We have been working on the inside to make it more convenent and add storage space in various areas.

Welcome to the user forum and best wishes!
Cary Lawson
thanks for the reply, I usually drive about 62 mph as I tow the fiat 500,...but,... just to see after the shorter front springs I ran it up to 80...all the info on my coach is just the unloaded cutaway,, I took my coach out to get it weighted... only 3000 lbs front,.. 6880 rear, so 9880lbs total.. that was just me, 180lbs, and all tanks full...one of my problems was it would bounce the front wheels off the ground... and real loose on the front end...
BT5210 is offline   Reply With Quote