View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
purduepete12

I have taken the box with the breakers out, but all I see are electrical connections for the 110 and 12 volt wires. I would expect to see some type of transformer coil that would convert the AC to DC. The is a 110 plug in the back of breaker panel and I suspect it goes to power the converter somewhere.
My problem is that my bedroom slide is out and There not enough 12 DC power to drive any of the slide motors. I've also tried running the engine but it won't drive the slide motors either. There's only a little 12 volt power coming off the coach batteries to run the interior DC lights. The 110 plugs all have power to them.
I've checked the three 30 amp breakers in the distribution panel and reset them. There's either another breaker keeping the power from going through the system or the converter is bad. The vehicle battery is brand new putting out 12.7 volts and the two 6 volt batteries (in series) are measuring about 12.6 volts, but the are old. Could these batteries be the source of the problem? I don't understand why being hooked to shore power with 110 AC coming off the breaker, but only 11.6 volts DC coming off the fuses.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
purduepete12 is offline   Reply With Quote