View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #8
dan596

Default 8377 input

Hello,
I second the input on the full width rear, with emergency escape. It only takes someone outside with flashlight or a hose to help you see how poorly it seals when closed. I'd find the bottom window sill full of water from an average rain. Weatherstripping worked for me. I also regularly check and re-caulk the top edge of the window surround. You'd be surprised how small of a pin hole/crack will turn into notable water inside. and that water was running down the inside wall which was quick to find when the wallpaper started buckling.

I also have a smaller side window that leaked around the top edge outside that needed to be re-caulked..same issue with water running down inside wall and collecting on floor.

If your slide seals are not seating/flashing the surround to your slide properly and/or you have a no or leaking slide cover, you can get water coming around your slide. Always good to see that sit properly when slide is out and keep them well conditioned.

Lastly, if you have one piece rear cap then you really want to inspect the cap ridge seal and re-caulk.

I check all the caulk spot on my rig every fall before winterizing and every spring before hitting the road. Inevitably I find at least one spot that can use some touch up.

On a side note, but equally frustrating...the mice love those nice big end caps. I have to keep mouse traps in the space behind the rear lights and regularly check. Worst thing to go along with that wet musty smell is to have it mixed with mouse pee/poo smell.
dan596 is offline   Reply With Quote