View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 06:26 AM   #15
UAHaerospace

RAYCHEZ1 made some very good points, I echo those comments - and even though I have a different coach, with LCI Lippert Electronic Leveling, I use the 'MANUAL' method all of the time, for the last 4 years and over 80,000 miles of traveling.

Whether your unit has it's own 'level' indicator, or bubble view, or you just use your own methods, such as the 'door swing' indicator(probably the best method), getting the coach 'close' to level is the goal - perfection will probably never happen, there are too many variables.

I use our hall bath door as my final indicator, no matter what my level indicator on the LCI panel says, though it's a good start. The swing of the hall bath door tells me, in the 'real world', that I am level, for my comfort, when the door does not swing in either direction on it's own.
If it swings 'back', away from the doorframe, I know I am low on the driver side.
If it swings toward closing, then I am low on the entry side.

I've also learned, though, to give me a little extra height on the driver side, since once the full wall slide is deployed, I'll probably see that hall bath door change slightly. Sometimes, after the slide is deployed, I'll re-energize the LCI panel and add a little to that side. The full wall slide is 22' long, or more, and contains the kitchen, bunks, and dining booth.

Also, it seems that Manual leveling provides for a much smoother and quicker leveling, and much less 'dramatic', as the auto leveling tends to 'jerk' the coach up and down and winds up sitting at a much higher stance when finished. I feel I can do it much better myself.

Level, and enjoy! You can do it.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote