View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:02 AM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Hi Jim,

Are we talking 12 volt house fuses? I'm going to try to attach a picture of my circuit map, and also a contact passed around here to try to get such things.

Honestly, the previous owner of my MH did get prints from GS, but they weren't exact. I still had to map my circuits, and I recommend everyone do this anyway. It is just a good idea so you get to know YOUR coach better.

What do I mean by mapping? Well, turn stuff on, pull a fuse and see what stopped! Really. You can start by looking at my 12 circuit list to get an understanding of how they generally tried to wire it. If you have an extra circuit(s), it could be to slide motor controls or something else. Just play detective.

Here is how I do it... First, I turn off the propane, and I leave it off throughout the procedure if possible. Now, I take pictures of the fuse block and labels before pulling anything, or write everything down, so you know where everything went once you start pulling 'em. Next, I get an actual plastic fuse puller. They often come with extra fuse packs from the auto parts store, or are in the fuse panel of cars and trucks, etc. These really grab on to the fuses like they should, and they won't conduct current to me if I do something bad. Now, I'll just start mapping. Maybe start with the stuff that is labeled and confirm... say the water pump. Pump on, faucet cracked so pump is pumping, then I pull the fuse. Did the pump shut off? Note it. I continue on until I know what all of those fuses do.

***Before I put any fuses back, I turn off the 12 volt shut off switch (salesman switch) to kill all of the 12 volt power going to the fuse block so there is no chance of sparking or arcing. Then, I put back the fuses where they go assuring correct and firm seating, before turning the 12 volt power back on.***

Finally, you can try “Milly” @GS and give make, model and vin# and she may be able get you the correct prints. (574-773-7761 x3406)

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170312_026c.jpg (522.9 KB, 15 views)
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote